So it’s just under a week until my EdFringe trip!
This last week has involved a lot of organisation: making sure I’ve got that day off work, going through what shows we can fit in, checking we have enough time to get from show to show, booking tickets, and checking what time my friend gets back to the UK. She’s flying straight from New York, getting into London, off to Edinburgh with me, then back to London and then on to Qatar! Busy old time!
Since I’ve spent so much of the last week organising stuff, I thought why not do a list of all the stages involved in organising last minute trips, particularly to Edinburgh. And since I’m going up with some of my best friends, I also thought why not use gifs from Friends for each stage!
1) I’ve decided to go on a last minute holiday…even though I’ve spent like all my pay cheque.
2) IT’S GOING TO BE AMAZING! And your friends seem to think so too!
3) But then you see how much the accommodation will cost.
4) After looking everywhere, the cheapest place you can find is £200. For a closet.
5) On to transport. We all know plane rides are out of the question…
6) You could always get the train…wait £100?!
7) Bus it is! It may take 9 hours, but you can always cuddle up and nap
on with your friends!
8) Just have to make sure you don’t miss the bus back…
9) Time to choose shows. And there are like 50,000! And so many crazy names and titles?!
10) That moment when you realise there are free shows.
11) Realising you can only fit about 8 shows in, since you’re there for a day…but what the hell, it’s going to be an awesome adventure!
12) And now time to organise the trip’s timings and meal breaks. Proving a bit hard…
13) But then ‘Organised You’ kicks in, and you’re on a roll. Spreadsheets, timetables…because the best kind of fun is organised fun.
14) AND you’re so organised you’ve even chosen your outfit. It’s Edinburgh in the summer. So it’s going to be cold or cold/warmish…LAYERS TIME!
15) And before you know it, it’s only a week until you’re there and you get to see your friends!