2016 is upon us!
I hope you’ve all had a lovely Christmas and New Year! I certainly had an amazing holiday period: New York, Broadway related Christmas presents and a few Christmassy shows just to name a few highlights! Keep an eye on my blog over the next few weeks, as there’ll be a fair few reviews of shows from both sides of the Atlantic and my diary from New York.
And speaking of my blog, you may have noticed a lack of posts over the last few weeks…okay, months! What with settling down into a new job and the Christmas period, I did let blogging slide a bit.
But don’t worry, I intend to be blogging much more frequently this year! In fact it’s one of my New Year’s Resolutions, which you can read all about below.
Revolutions Revelations Resolutions:
- Blog every week day: starting this blog was one of my favourite things from 2015. It’s something I really enjoy doing and I don’t want to let it fall to the wayside.
- Get on top of my OCD and trich: I’ll probably do a more in-depth post on this later in the month, but I’ve struggled with this for a number of years. Thanks to loving support from family and friends, it’s getting better, but overcoming the trichotillomania is something I want to do this year.
- Cut out caffeine: I drink like 3 cokes a day. That’s not great for the fat/sugar side, plus it’s linked to raising anxiety levels. I’m not going to cut out caffeine completely, but I am trying to give up coke until at least the end of January.
- Get fit: this isn’t something which one can easily quantify or judge. But I just want to start feeling top of my game, in mind and body! Which leads me to…
- Learn to wrestle: or kick boxing or self defence or something similar! I want to start a new sport and I always did love WWE when I was younger, so why not?
- Move out: what with new job and other things moving along nicely, it feels like the right time to get my own place with my friend.
- Keep going to the theatre: I would have written ‘go to more theatre’, but I saw 38 shows last year! So seeing a similar amount would be good, plus it’s my last year for Under 25’s schemes so I plan to use that A LOT this year.
- Take some quiet time for myself: I want some time each day to just chill, sit in quiet contemplation or meditation, and be thankful for what I have. Whether it be during my lunch break, on the train to work, or before I go to sleep, I just want a bit of allocated me time!
- Read more: because seriously, for an English graduate, I read like nothing! And it doesn’t matter what it is: a play, a biography or a trashy rom-com, I want to aim to read one book a month!
- Plan a trip: I’m already doing a trip with the lovely, awesome Claire in a few weeks to Disneyland Paris. But I want to do a trip with friends further afield. Any suggestions? I’m thinking New Zealand, Germany, or maybe even…
And what about you guys? Any New Year’s Resolutions you have to share?